The WillowTree Perspective: Enterprise-Class Mobility
Today’s workforce can be found anywhere and everywhere. How can you deliver the mobile apps your employees need while protecting company information and minimizing IT overhead? Enterprise-class mobility includes an enterprise mobile application strategy that makes sense for your business and a mobile app that securely delivers business functionality your users really need on their mobile devices. Enterprise mobile application development approaches should improve collaboration and productivity, not hinder it. A mobile-first approach can easily incorporate your business ecosystem—partners, suppliers, even customers—into your enterprise mobile app. And finally, a mobile application for workers in the field allows them to be productive from anywhere.
From Post-PC to BYOD
Mobile enterprise application development must address the broad range of devices—Android, iPhone, iPad, and Blackberry —that employees are using today. Many IT organizations have stopped provisioning cell phones for employees but must deal with the daunting task of integrating all these mobile device types as platforms at the application layer of the enterprise. It’s a “Bring Your Own Device” era and mobile is one of the biggest trends in B2B communications as well as B2C.
A selection of WillowTree's Enterprise clients
Connects field technicians to vital status and configurations with a custom Android enterprise solution that integrates with proprietary GE industrial-automation systems.
Allows customers to easily monitor their credit status with iOS and Android apps.
Enables investors to view live bond auctions and trading videos on their TVs with a Roku experience.
Streamlines product-display setup with an Augmented Reality-driven iPad app, putting brands like Little Debbie in front of consumers faster than ever.
Transforms the way its sales team sells rail products with an iPad app that supports 3D modeling.
Dramatically improves the productivity of contractors by enabling orders to be placed 3x faster at job sites with an offline web app optimized for ruggedized tablets.
Keeps over 1,500 Zappos team members updated on company news, events, and announcements via iOS and Android.
An Enterprise Mobile App Solution Platform Must:
- Securely extend cloud and enterprise application functionality to mobile devices
- Ensure business continuity and minimize IT overhead
- Meet enterprise standards for scalability, security and availability
- Effectively sync with internal applications for ERP, CRM and Finance/HR
- Support BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) initiatives around your enterprise app
- Manage mobile identity
- Ensure that the functionality of enterprise-scale mobile apps render well on small screens
Our Mobile Enterprise Application Team Helps:
- Create a mobile enterprise app development strategy
- Assess how to use mobile devices to boost workforce collaboration and productivity
- Design and deliver enterprise mobile applications
- Minimize IT overhead and provide counsel for IT governance
- Mitigate risks
- Determine the functionality your mobile app business users really need
- Develop APIs, adapt internal APIs and assist with testing
- Integrate the enterprise mobile app with your clouds
- Integrate mobile and enterprise apps through our proprietary “Tango” platform
- Project manage your mobile app integration