When we partnered with BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, they had a unique vision for the newest iteration of their website. They wanted to take a hyper-local approach, which would allow the content on the site to be the most accurate and relevant information for each individual user.
While we are a chain of 186 restaurants and counting, it was important that we highlight each individual location in order to deliver the information most pertinent to the local user.Kevin Mayer, BJ’s Restaurants Inc. EVP, Chief Marketing Officer
To accomplish BJ’s hyper-local goals, we implemented a few key items after collaborating with the BJ’s team to see what would best fit their needs. Some of our favorite parts of the new site include:
- Use of geolocation features to auto-generate a user’s nearest restaurant as soon as they arrive on the homepage. This ensures that each page a user visits is tailored specifically to them.
- A new CMS that streamlines the management of menu information for each of their 186 (and counting) locations.
- Use of dayparting to help BJ’s always show timely content to their customers.
- A really cool search tool, called Taste Buddy, that allows users to explore the menu in a fun new way.
- Finally, we leveraged these hyper-local features to craft an exceptional, integrated online ordering experience. This makes it fast and simple to order food from the site, as well as ensures that customers can order from the exact menu that is offered at their nearest BJ’s.
In addition to the changes, we designed the website with a mobile-first, responsive approach, increased the use of rich imagery throughout, and provided loyal BJ’s-goers with an improved rewards experience.
This was our first time working with the awesome group at BJ’s. Be sure to visit bjsrestaurants.com!