Macchiato has put on a couple of pounds since Thanksgiving. Enjoy today’s extra shots!
- Creating a color scheme is essential to good design. Tim Brown has created the Ultimate Designer’s Color Guide for 2016. It’s a neat resource. When browsing through it, don’t miss the links to color tools and resources Tim provides at the bottom of the guide.
- Convert your designs into a prototype directly in your Sketch document using Silver!
- Two years ago at UI18, my UX colleagues and I were able to hear Adam Connor and Aaron Irizarry talk about building consensus in critiques and design studios. You can hear them too! Listen in to O’Reilly’s Design Podcast to get their advice on running productive design critiques: Adam Connor on Culture, Codes of Conduct, and Critiques.
- Here is a handy checklist to follow to make sure menus do their job. Menu Design: Checklist of 15 UX Guidelines to Help Users.
- The team at uxdesign.cc gives us a retrospective of what the future holds for UX in 2016: The State of UX in 2015/2016.
- The role of a UX Designer is changing. To design an experience for the future, we need the Avengers! What the Avengers can teach us about UX.
- “Designers are like gladiators, battling ugliness in the client’s colosseum.” Check out #DesignerProblems , a comic strip written and illustrated by Seth Roberts and Brian Hawes.
- What year was Helvetica developed? Can you name one of the original Mac system fonts designed by Susan Kare between 1983 and 1984? The Graphic Design Pub Quiz is an annual quiz about the history of graphic design for The Friends of The Wisdom Hospice. The quiz happened last week! Here are the questions: Graphic Design Pub Quiz 2015. The winning team got 36.5 out of a possible 49!