Senior Full Stack Engineer
Do you want to build best-of-class apps/digital products with a team of smart and friendly people? Do you want to take ownership of all aspects of a product’s development & operational lifecycle? Not just the full-stack development, but also road-mapping future development, interfacing with clients, etc.
Maybe you fully appreciate the architecture of web and mobile applications but don't have a preference for the front end or the back end.
If you've answered "yes" to a few of the above questions, we'd like to talk to you.
- Have strong experience with single-page web application development and a love for APIs.
- Have architected software and are experienced across the full stack
- Have a love for clean and efficient code
- Can effectively communicate complex requirements and collaborate with designers, developers, and our clients
- Are just as (or more) likely to look for their answers in framework source code than on SO (and also understand that official documentation should almost always be the first stop)
- Provide helpful and friendly feedback in code reviews and in-person and apply a growth mindset to receiving feedback
- Knowledge of JS, CSS, and HTML — inside and out
- Experience with a server-side programming language — Java, or other JVM languages; C# or other .NET languages.
- Experience building scalable projects using React, Backbone, Node.js or some other client-side JS framework
- Experience writing apps for AWS, Azure, GCP, Heroku, PCF, or other cloud providers
- A deep understanding of how to design RESTful APIs optimized for responsive, interactive mobile experiences
- You know the difference between a unit test, an integration test, and an end-to-end test. And you believe the job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- You’re passionate about durable, secure, scalable systems, always up and running
- Experience using a version control system like Git or SVN
- Knowledge of SASS, Less, or another CSS preprocessor(you also get really jazzed about frontend tooling)
- You’ve worked with microservices architecture
- Has worked with CI
- You’ve used service discovery tools such as Consul or Eureka
- You’ve packaged your apps as containers using Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- You have a GitHub account to share. Also, while you are at here, check us out @https://github.com/willowtreeapps
We'd love to check out a project you're proud of to start our conversation.
P.S. In an ideal world, you match with all the bullets we listed, but let’s keep it real. WillowTree builds teams with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. If you’re smart and passionately curious, don’t worry about checking all of the boxes. Don’t overthink it. We enthusiastically encourage you to apply.
Founded in 2008, WillowTree is a mobile design and development agency whose mission is to bring together a team of smart, motivated people who take pride in their work and strive to be the best in mobile. We cultivate a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous learning and unlimited opportunities to have a huge impact; and, of course, we also ship lots of code!
At WillowTree, we work with companies like Zappos, PepsiCo, HBO, and Mattel to solve real-world product strategy, design, and technical problems. There's always something new and exciting to work on, and the results of our efforts get shipped to users' devices every day.