Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product and growth marketing agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business, and engagement strategies to help them grow. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
As a Director of Business Development, you'll guide and establish the go-to-market strategy for WillowTree’s Growth Marketing service offering. By partnering with Commercial leadership and our Growth team, you'll autonomously drive our practice forward by winning new logos and tapping emerging opportunities with existing clients. We employ a solutions-led strategy and are seeking consultative business development executives, rather than transactional or sales-led business development professionals.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*We are excited to transition back to our offices with a hybrid model starting early September 2021. This will require you to be able to work from our Columbus, OH office at least 2-3 days per week. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer relocation assistance.
- Introduce WillowTree's business, proposition, people and capabilities to new client prospects via calls/meetings
- Work with potential and existing clients to define growth services, ongoing engagements and limited-term consulting, strategy or tech implementation projects solutions -- help frame business/technical needs, project scope, team, timeline and pricing.
- Collaborate closely with Solutions Architects to propose appropriate team/resourcing plan for client briefs and develop pricing proposals
- Maximize the talents of the UX Strategy and Design Team to ideate on behalf of clients, develop concepts to pitch and develop pitch materials
- Drive the overall process to combine technical plans and creative concepts into written proposals (RFP, etc) for submission and presentations for pitches
- After a deal is finalized, you’ll partner with our Growth and Innovation team leadership to guide the overall product delivery and own the client relationship at the highest level
- Maintain relations with clients to expand partnership, and extend WillowTree services on a client-by-client basis
- Network and collaborate with Growth tech partners (Braze, Segment, Amplitude, etc) to develop shared opportunities with new or existing clients
- Develop and design high-quality, visual sales materials, including decks, thought-leadership, proposals, networking event materials and web assets
- Once we return to our offices, you must have the ability to travel up to 25% for client visits, pitches and conferences
- Consultative experience in growth, marketing product strategy, or marketing software (CRM, Customer Data Platforms, Analytics)
- A deep understanding of growth marketing, and particularly the fundamentals of owned channel marketing (email, push, in-app, SMS)
- You’re a critical thinker and problem-solver with strong creative vision and attention to detail
- Experience selling, closing, and expanding business
- Excellent business writing skills and sharp presentation development experience (particularly in Keynote)
- You’re a quick-thinking and dynamic individual with strong public speaking skills
- Experienced working with and presenting to, C-level professionals of Fortune 500 companies
- A deep sense of creativity—oftentimes our clients are looking for inspiration and direction— genuine enthusiasm/creativity in coming up with solutions for brands/clients
- A marketing, communications, business degree and/or background in digital product development, sales and growth
- You have experience developing go-to-market strategies for consulting and marketing agency services
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.