Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include Dairy Queen, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, HBO, and Wyndham.
As a SEO Strategist at WillowTree, you’ll help shape how SEO integrates into WillowTree project work! You'll play an integral part of cross-functional web project teams that support technical SEO requirements and serve as the primary point of contact for SEO-related client questions.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Analyze website infrastructure to improve search visibility
- Conduct keyword research that informs Product and Content Design strategies and assists in QA'ing implemented code
- Use client competitor research to develop meaningful, quantitative and qualitative insights that drive SEO performance
- Collaborate daily with cross-disciplinary teams such as Engineering, Test-Engineering, Product Architects, Design, Content, Strategy, and Research to create an amazing product experience for our clients
- Stay on top of industry trends and search engine algorithms to inform new strategies
- Develop and deliver SEO training materials for internal teams and clients
- Work with Engineering teams to build SEO-friendly CMS solutions and Analytics Architects to build custom reporting dashboards for clients
- Develop slide decks that highlight SEO insights, technical enhancements baked into projects, content recommendations, etc.
- Participate in occasional business development pitches to advocate for SEO practices in client projects
- SEO experience at a digital agency or in-house
- A data-driven approach and understanding of how web performance, usability, and other facets of the web like voice search, and native mobile apps impact SEO
- A familiarity with tools like: Google Search Console, Google Analytics, BrightEdge, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Conductor, DeepCrawl, Screaming Frog, or other similar SEO tools
- An eye for detail and a belief in documentation and organization
- You’ve developed or helped implement technical SEO and content recommendations that drove organic search growth and met a client's business outcomes
- Can effectively manage workload across multiple projects
- You’re knowledgeable about modern web technologies and understand server-side rendering, single-page applications, and how bots crawl a site
- An ability to communicate your ideas and tactical recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A tenacious approach to problem-solving and can navigate ambiguity
- A self-starter that can operate independently across offices and in remote environments
- A growth mindset and passion to learn about web development and other intersections of SEO (like Design and Content Strategy)
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science or a related field
- A background in Content Strategy, Programming/Web Development, or App Store optimization
- Direct experience with web or native app product and development teams
- Agile development methodology experience
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.