Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Senior Content Designer, you’ll use language to design digital products! Content Designers help us ensure that every product we build—whether it’s a mobile app, chatbot, website, etc.—provides people with the right information at the right time in the right place. Exceptional craft is essential, and at the Senior level, our Content Designers go beyond pure output and take charge as adept leaders and valued mentors, articulating and socializing the practice at an organizational level. You’ll also help grow the Content practice through leadership and mentoring.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in one of our offices. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
What you’ll do here:
- Work in a highly collaborative cross-disciplinary environment with Product Designers, Researchers, Engineers, Strategists, and your fellow Content Designers to create, test, and iterate on solutions for digital user experiences
- Develop content strategies that drive business goals
- Plan information architecture and content hierarchy for enterprise websites
- Run workshops to help clients nail down their brand’s voice and tone
- Map out workflows to publish web content
- Design conversation flows for chatbots
- Collaborate with a Product Designer to create branded microcopy for digital products (websites, apps, chatbots, etc.)
- Partner with Product Researchers to carry out user interviews
- Interface with organizational leadership to support Content at WillowTree
- Mentor junior and mid-level Content Designers
- Lead internal workshops to support continuous growth of the Content practice at WillowTree
- Write content/copy as needed to bring deliverables to life
What you’ll bring to the table:
- A startlingly good portfolio demonstrating your content-centered contributions
- Experience in technical communication, creative writing, UX writing, or content design
- Unimpeachable writing and editing skills
- A belief that great digital experiences should be usable, accessible, and inclusive
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies
- Experience presenting to clients and executives
- The ability to think “big picture” as you break a large, complex problem into manageable chunks
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team (Product Strategy, Research, Design, and Engineering)
- Familiarity with mobile or voice technologies
- Experience leading cross-disciplinary projects with designers and researchers
- Experience with content modeling for a headless content management system (CMS)
- Fluency in a second language
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.