Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
As a Senior Accountant, you'll own and lead our payroll process. By using your knowledge of payroll and accounts payable, you'll maintain our position as one of the top digital product agencies in the nation!
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Manage the expense reporting cycle and review reports for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to policy
- Process incoming vendor invoices and obtain approvals
- Manage multi-state payroll census and process ad-hoc deductions or earnings
- Maintain the payroll system, including work locations, setup of earnings/deductions, and other system maintenance
- Prepare journal entries to allocate payroll/benefits to appropriate cost centers
- Lead HSA administration
- Prepare reports and journal entries during the financial close as well as other ad-hoc needs
- Identify and resolve discrepancies with payroll, AP, and corporate cards
- Interact with both internal and client partners on financial matters
- Lead 1099 and vendor filing (including invoices and W-9s)
- 3+ years of professional accounting or similar accreditations/certifications
- Expertise with Accounts Payable (managing vendor invoices, accruals, prepaids and allocations)
- Expertise with Payroll (payroll taxes, pre-tax and post-tax deductions, earnings, and fringe benefits)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks (or other financial management software) and Microsoft Excel
- A positive attitude and a passion for working in a team environment
- Ability to critically analyze problems and recommend solutions
- Comfort interacting with client and internal partners
- Experience with full lifecycle accounting or you've served as a stand-alone accountant
- Familiarity with financial and benefits audits or reviews
- Basic understanding of HR laws (although we have a separate HR team)
- Expertise creating ad-hoc reports
- Organizational budget preparation and review experience
- You've prepared monthly financial statements
- Experience with multi-state payroll
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.