Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
As a Client Strategy Manager, you’ll identify digital opportunities across a breadth of industry verticals. From the sales process to account expansion, you'll keep clients excited about the potential of their digital ecosystem!
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- During the sales process, you'll collaborate with a team to identify opportunities and build digital visions that excite prospective clients
- Analyze desk and secondary research, interview users, and collaborate closely with designers and engineers. You’ll be responsible for identifying competitive whitespaces and crafting digital strategies
- Liaise across disciplines to identify “thought starters” or new feature ideas that are realistic and executable for client roadmaps
- Conduct lean desk research and understand digital trends across industry verticals: financial services, media and entertainment, travel and hospitality, retail and consumer goods
- Generate new digital concepts and opportunities that help clients achieve their business goals
- Conduct lean, generative user research activities, such as user interviews, to identify unmet needs with target audiences and inspire concepts
- Facilitate client workshops to extract and clarify business needs and product opportunities
- Contribute to business case modeling and "what would need to be true?" exercises to connect the dots between product vision and business impact
- Synthesize opportunities and solutions into compelling narratives through storytelling
- Consulting experience at a digital agency, management consulting firm, or high growth technology company
- Exposure to digital product/software strategy engagements
- An understanding of user-centered research principles and how to apply user insights
- You've successfully launched products from previous roles
- Experience in professional services with demonstrated empathy to client needs
- Managed and facilitated project workshops, check-ins, timelines, and presentations
- Can clearly articulate business requirements and link to product vision
- Mobile and emerging technology industry knowledge
- Can successfully tell stories with Keynote presentations
- Experience in a commercial or sales team— you get excited at the thought of landing a big deal!
- UX Research or ROI/metrics-informed design experience
- You've led sophisticated, high-profile multi-platform/multi-screen projects
- Adept at building long-term relationships with client partners
- Expert Keynote skills
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.