Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US building and designing digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We consult with Fortune 500 companies all over the world, such as HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
WillowTree is a 8-time Inc 500/5000 company and has been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile, digital design, and development services. Recently, we were named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 for the second year in a row due to our 219% revenue growth from 2017-2019. We are also one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
As a Resource Manager at WillowTree, you'll collaborate across our company to coordinate project schedules and build multidisciplinary project teams. You’ll guide both micro and macro decisions of Business Operations— from staffing requests on a single project to hiring needs for an entire office. You'll get a bird’s eye view of a fast growing and well established business.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Use internal business tools to manage project staffing and finance operations
- Conduct air traffic control around project resourcing and financial details (kickoffs, delays, budgeting)
- Create dashboards for internal stakeholders that communicate insights like utilization trends, unallocated resource reporting, and staffing needs
- Support delivery teams in communicating allocation requests and decisions
- Identify and evaluate pain points to provide recommendations that improve our process over time
- 2+ years of experience in a resourcing role (experience managing demand and capacity, overages, budgets, team member allocation, etc.)
- The ability to analyze complex problems and simplify solutions
- You can adapt to shifting priorities and make informed decisions
- Experience communicating to various levels of stakeholders and tailoring your message based on audience
- Ability to manage spreadsheet tools such as Excel or Google Sheets
- A high level of empathy and curiosity
- Experience working with technical projects (understanding of the SDLC, allocating software projects)
- Expertise with Enterprise Resource Management software or similar
- Previous Project Coordination or Management experience
- Experience transforming data into insights
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.