Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As Growth Design Lead, you’ll shape channel marketing, UX and brand design for loyalty programs and conversion experiences across all digital channels. You’ll partner with marketing experts within WillowTree to ensure that the emails, push notifications, and landing pages we envision for our clients are grounded in business outcomes while driving the brand promise of the client. Come join our team if you’re energized by driving great design with analytics and data, and can engage clients and teams with dynamic storytelling through presentations.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Designing production-ready conversion experiences through email campaigns, display advertising, responsive web, and push
- Creating design systems for loyalty programs or digital marketing experiences (modular email kits, templates, iconography)
- Collaborating with Growth Managers, Content Specialists, Analytics experts, and others to drive Client outcomes
- Manage multiple client design work streams, ensuring speed of delivery and ‘right sizing’ of design efforts based on client impact
- Using data and insights to drive incremental improvements to channel UX
- Lead ideation sessions, workshops, demos, and presentations with clients
- Assist in crafting narrative arcs and visual storytelling for growth strategy projects, including data-visualizations, diagrams and presentations
- Building a team over time to support the needs of our Growth clients
- Push for and create inclusive, accessible design for all
- 6+ years in digital design space
- 3+ years designing for growth & audience and/or community engagement
- Experience leveraging analytics data to inform design decisions
- Blend of UX and visual design expertise
- A strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and advanced design principles ((WillowTree’s 5 Design Principles)
- Experience designing scalable email, push and in-app messaging systems and templates
- You're empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.