Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
As an IT Support Specialist, you’ll serve as the primary point of contact for all things IT in our Charlottesville Headquarters! You’ll be responsible for installation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting, and upkeep of the software and systems that support our operations in the office.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Effectively work with technical and non-technical end-users to resolve software and hardware issues
- Administer and support the latest versions of OS X and Windows
- Run and resolve A/V and conference room issues (Zoom, Meet, Webex, etc)
- Collaborate with our IT team in other locations to orchestrate cross-site company-wide meetings
- Set up workstations and train new users on company software and systems (e.g. OneLogin and other SaaS systems)
- Troubleshoot complex issues in person and virtually
- Manage and purchase IT inventory and coordinate repair of a variety of hardware (e.g. laptops, desktops, accessories, phones)
- Manage accounts across multiple offices (e.g. G-Suite Console)
- Set up and troubleshoot VoIP phone systems
- Understand networking fundamentals and will be our onsite hands for core networking issues (switching, routing, WiFi access points)
- Experience in providing first or second-tier IT technical support
- A familiarity with helpdesk ticketing systems (e.g. Jira Service Management)
- Track record of continuously learning new technologies and a drive to seek answers via research to obscure issues
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical end-users
- You're extremely organized and possess a belief in documentation
- A self-starter that can operate independently or collaboratively with IT colleagues across offices
- An eye for detail and a drive to find root cause issues rather than just band-aid fixes
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
- Experience working with a digital agency
- Experience with:
- Fortinet (Meru) wireless systems or Meraki systems
- LastPass, Jamf or OneLogin
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, etc.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.