Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US providing strategy, research, design, and engineering services to Fortune 500 companies all over the world. Some of WillowTree’s current clients include HBO, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
In November 2018, WillowTree established our first external board following our new partnership with private equity investor group, Insignia Capital Group. Our board is highlighted by former Global Managing Partner at A.T. Kearney, Johan Aurik, and the recent addition of T-Mobile’s Chief Digital Officer (and former WillowTree client), Marcus East. These relationships have allowed us to unlock additional opportunities in the digital consultancy space and properly scale our business to meet our clients’ evolving needs.
Our Commercial team (Business Development + Marketing) participates in every stage of the client lifecycle: from attracting prospective clients and submitting winning proposals to deepening relationships to unlock further partnership opportunities. Our Sales Operations team plays a critical role in enabling our go-to market approach by ensuring we bring thoughtful, strategic advice and content to our client relationships.
As a Sales Operations Manager you'll ensure WillowTree is consistently positioned to win new business across a variety of industries and ever-changing business markets. By collaborating with our VPs of Business Development, you'll drive the client proposal process from beginning to end, and ensure that WillowTree is creating world-class content that positions us to acquire new work.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Collaborate with our technical and creative teams to build and deliver thoughtful, outcomes-driven client presentations and proposals for new and current clients
- Translate your deep understanding of client needs and objectives (both stated and unexpected) into compelling reasons to partner with WillowTree
- Lead the behind the scenes aspects of our pursuit strategy from ensuring collaboration to facilitating leadership reviews
- Use business development materials (introduction decks, one-pagers, proposals, and RFP responses) to form a cohesive narrative and ensure our expertise is clear and approachable
- Create energy and excitement in the proposal process by envisioning new products and solutions for our clients
- Consistently manage and enhance our repository of client-facing materials (Case studies with quantified impact, sales intro decks, commonly asked RFI question responses)
- Provide a final layer of polish to printed proposals and ‘live pitch’ presentations using cutting-edge typography, long-form document formatting, and brand consistency
- Gain exposure to document management, sales operations, varied stakeholder collaboration, contract/SOW creation, and negotiation
- Use a user-centered approach and strategy to seek Fortune 500 clients that expand WillowTree's client portfolio
- An excellent business writer capable of translating themes into tight narratives with crisp and succinct copy
- Sharp presentation creation skills (particularly in Keynote and Pages)
- Professional proposal writing experience
- Familiarity with digital products (ideally software development)
- An empathetic listener and critical thinker that's not afraid to voice a differing opinion
- Ability to be organized and structured while maintaining a high level of flexibility
- Keen eye for detail and design
- A creative problem-solver that's excited to brainstorm unique ideas
- Prior experience in a digital agency or consultancy and/or B2B sales enablement
- Knowledge of the mobile development market
- Experience in the financial services, healthcare, hospitality/travel, and/or consumer goods industries
- Experience with leading design tools (e.g., Figma; Adobe Creative Suite)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.