Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Senior Product Strategist, you’ll play a leading role at the intersection of Business Strategy, Technology, and User Experience in guiding the creation and evolution of the world’s best digital products. Our Strategists have the autonomy to create beautiful, useful digital products across platforms: native apps, responsive sites, bots, voice assistants, and more, for many well-known brands.
While being the voice of the end-user and understanding what is feasible from a technical perspective, our best-in-class team challenges themselves to create extraordinary experiences by bridging the latest strategy and design thinking with enterprise-grade software development. Practically speaking, our Product Strategy team identifies competitive whitespace, facilitates client workshops to draw out business goals and strategic priorities, participates in user research, and drives ideation on the team to make recommendations for the direction of a product.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Tell compelling and inspiring stories through artfully crafted presentations outlining the research, vision, and specific recommendations balanced with technical reality
- Identify and articulating business goals, market goals, and user goals
- Create clarity out of ambiguous problem spaces, quick to focus the team’s effort in the most valuable direction
- Consult on user acquisition and marketing strategies for new products
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information expeditiously while developing compelling, insightful recommendations and product vision
- Communicate product decisions to senior-level stakeholders
- Lead ideation exercises and driving creative problem solving
- Work closely with designers, researchers, and project managers to set the direction for products
- Deep consulting experience at a digital agency or management consulting firm
- An understanding of user-centered research principles and how to apply those user insights
- Experience working in a top management consultancy with exposure to digital product/software strategy engagements
- Have successfully launched products from previous roles
- Led client engagements and are empathetic to client needs
- Managed project workshops, check-ins, timelines, and presentations
- Can clearly articulate business requirements and carry those business requirements through the UX of the product
- Significant mobile and emerging technology industry knowledge
- Can successfully tell stories with inspired Keynote presentations
- Experience with ROI/metrics-informed design
- Experience leading sophisticated, high-profile multi-platform/multi-screen projects
- Adept at building long-term relationships with client stakeholders
- Expert Keynote skills
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.