Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
As a Talent Acquisition Strategist in our Creative practice, you’ll lead the strategy and execution to grow WillowTree's Product Consulting teams (Product Design, Content Design, Product Research, Insights, and more). This is a cross-functional role ideal for someone who can wear multiple hats — recruiter, trusted advisor, talent operations lead, and program manager. You’ll partner with hiring managers and internal teams to understand our business needs, refine interview processes, and create and execute creative hiring strategies.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we seek candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We are excited to transition back to our offices with a hybrid model starting early September 2021. This will require you to be able to work from our Durham, NC office at least 2-3 days per week. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply. We offer relocation assistance.
- Lead the hiring strategy and execution for WillowTree's Product Consulting pod
- Develop creative, out-of-the-box strategies to scale the hiring practice across multiple locations
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle — from finding and engaging with qualified candidates and conducting interviews to gathering feedback from new hires on how to continuously improve and iterate our hiring process
- Conduct market research to develop job descriptions, advise on compensation, and understand the competitive landscape
- Define and streamline the hiring process for product consulting roles (e.g. Product and Content Design, Product Insights / Analytics, Researchers, and Strategists)
- Collaborate with senior leadership, hiring managers, and interview teams to build inclusive and inspired teams
- Help to train interviewers on interview best practices including hiring criteria and hiring tools
- Implement ways to diversify our talent pipelines with underrepresented candidates in the creative industry
- Promote an inclusive and equitable interview process for all candidates
- Foster a positive candidate experience by promoting the WillowTree brand and core values throughout the interview process
- Research, introduce, and execute recruiting strategies to attract qualified candidates and increase engagement
- Serve as a mentor and role model for Talent Recruiters
- Experience recruiting for all levels of design, creative, or digital product roles (Product Designers, Content Strategists, UI/UX, Researchers, Strategists etc.), from mid-level to executive-level talent (e.g. VPs)
- A commitment to building diverse and inclusive teams
- Experience partnering with hiring managers to advise on hiring best practices and develop strategic interview plans to meet business needs
- Experience leveraging data to identify trends and continuously iterate (e.g. pipeline data, time to hire)
- A growth mindset and natural curiosity
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities, roles, and hiring manager relationships without compromising quality
- A passion for building a network and maintaining long-term relationships with passive candidates
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and build a consensus across multiple teams
- You’re not afraid to have difficult conversations or provide candid feedback
- An understanding of the differences between agency and in-house recruiting
At WillowTree, we know that recruiting is much more than matching keywords on a resume! This role is for you if you prefer to focus on candidate experience and elevating the interview process.
- First-hand experience in a management or digital consulting role
- You've trained or coached interview teams
- In-house recruitment experience at a tech or digital agency or firm
- You've recruited for multiple office locations
- You have experience recruiting outside of the US
- You have hired for organizations in hyper-growth mode
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.