Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Senior Content Designer, you’ll collaborate with teams of all disciplines to help deliver digital experiences our clients love. As a resident expert on using language to design digital products, you’ll ensure that every product we build—whether it’s a mobile app, chatbot, or enterprise website—provides people with relevant information they can use.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Plan information architecture and content hierarchy for enterprise websites
- Run workshops to help clients nail down their brand’s voice and tone
- Map out workflows to publish web content
- Design conversation flows for chatbots
- Collaborate with a Product Designer to create branded microcopy for digital products (websites, apps, chatbots, etc.)
- Partner with Product Researchers to carry out user interviews in our usability lab
- Whiteboard content models with a team of Engineers
- A great command of language, with experience in technical communication, creative writing, UX writing, or content design
- Experience presenting to clients and executives
- Eagerness to learn about new technologies
- An eye for detail
- The ability to think “big picture” as you break a large, complex problem into manageable chunks
- A focus on improving user experience
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team (Product Strategy, Research, Design, and Engineering)
- You're familiar with Mobile or Voice Technologies
- Experience with content modeling for a headless content management system (CMS)
Because we’re a product agency, this client-facing role isn’t for you if you prefer to focus on content marketing, or writing long-form copy (like articles, blog posts, and white papers).
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.