Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
Do you have existing engineering skills and want to learn how to develop mobile applications for a wide array of projects and platforms? As a Software Engineer at WillowTree, we’ll provide the training and mentorship you need to become a stellar native mobile engineer. You’ll turn complex (and (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences that influence up to millions of users.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Learn and grow through hands-on mentorship from our internal experts in your specific platform, both technical and professional
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary teams to create beautiful, robust, high-performing applications, using cutting-edge software development techniques
- Demonstrate strong software development fundamentals with an eye for design and architecture
- Take ownership of your work by meeting deadlines, anticipating delays, raising issues, and advocating for best practices
- Use debugging tools, test automation, monitoring and analytics to optimize applications for real users
- Embody a growth mindset to learn new technologies, hone your craft and improve your teamwork
- 2-3 years of building and deploying complex software at scale in a team environment
- Fluent in at least one compiled, object-oriented language (e.g. C++, Java, C#)
- Motivated to learn native mobile development
- Self-starter who embraces new technologies
- You’ve owned and led the delivery of major features and components
- Deep understanding and appreciation of quality code and architecture
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.