Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design, build, and grow digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, IBM, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Program Director within our Growth Marketing practice, you’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to set a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Drive digital strategy experience, leading the growth of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- Lean on your deep client services experience to drive effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, and process
- Deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering, analytics, and product research teams, as well as, C-level executives, product managers, marketing and content partners
- Create, guide, and communicate the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Encourage sustainable flow for your team and effectively allocating team members to optimize the scope of their work based on key client objectives
- Be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments by applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Regularly visit your client, usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of the time during kickoff or launch periods
- Engage directly with clients managing the growth plan, account details, project scope, and relationship
- 7+ years of experience working with digital products as a Project Manager or Product Manager in a client services business (e.g. marketing or consulting firms, agency)
- Experience leading Fortune 500 custom software or digital development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- Demonstrated empathy, experience, and confidence managing digital strategy projects with complex scope and multiple executive stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills— you regularly run workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups on enterprise business goals
- Acumen for marketing, business, user experience, growth strategy, and software project management
- You enjoy motivating clients and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners
- You've managed projects while mentoring other marketing, growth, insights, engineering, design, or testing team members
- You’ve led an Agile transformation or have applied Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on marketing, growth strategy, or product development projects
- Professional experience as a Project or Product Manager from a major consultancy or agency
- Experience leading the delivery of native applications to a high volume of end users with innovative product or growth marketing strategies
- Certifications such as CSM, CSPO, PMP, SA, SPC, etc.
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.