As a Project Director, you’ll partner with one of our Engineering Directors to lead a multidisciplinary project team. Together, you'll establish and grow partnerships with clients to deliver world-class products.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Drive product development, leading the creation of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- Lean on your deep client services experience to facilitate effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process
- Deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing partners, and C-level executives
- Create, guide, and communicate the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Encourage sustainable flow for your team while focusing on key client objectives
- Be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments by applying appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Once it is safe to return, regularly visit your client (usually 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of the time during kickoff or launch periods)
- Engage directly with clients managing the account details, project scope, and relationship
- 3+ years of experience in the software development industry as a project/program leader (e.g. Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Team Lead, or Scrum Master)
- Experience leading large-scale custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- Demonstrated empathy, experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- Experience facilitating working sessions with client stakeholder groups and internal teams
- You've managed projects, provided feedback, and led a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to clarify complex ideas and navigate ambiguity for your team and client
- Professional experience as a Project or Product Manager and Scrum Master from a major technology consultancy or agency
- Experience working on projects using a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline to rapidly deliver working software with zero downtime
- You’ve guided a client to further their use of modern engineering practices or agile software delivery processes
- Certifications such as CSM, CSPO, PMP, SA, SPC, etc.
- Account planning and growth activities
- Managed projects for executive level client partners or Fortune 500 clients
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.