Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Marketing Manager, you'll steward the WillowTree brand by executing integrated marketing and communication strategies. You'll create greater awareness and understanding of our services, core values, and differentiated value proposition.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Own the WillowTree website, making certain its messaging, content, and case studies are always a reflection of our current services, work, and point of view
- Develop and execute an organic social and earned media strategy that tells a clear and consistent brand story, increases awareness of WillowTree’s services, and celebrates the accomplishments of our partners and clients
- Develop more public relations opportunities by building social presence, securing speaking engagements, and syndicating thought leadership content
- Work to create strong relationships with premier media to ensure WillowTree remains top of mind with all relevant journalists and editors
- Identify and submit for awards that recognize industry-leading digital products
- Assist in fostering relationships with industry analysts to coordinate and track activity around analyst briefings, inquiries, and demos
- Perform regular analysis of our competitive landscape and share distilled learnings with senior management
- Partner with the WillowTree Talent Team to build a passive recruiting pipeline and support targeted recruiting efforts
- Coordinate with our VP of Strategic Alliances to develop co-branded marketing programs that build pipeline and strengthen relationships with key partners
- Maintain the WillowTree blog, including all processes and procedures for planning, securing, publishing, promoting, and tracking the performance of all content
- Define the strategy for how WillowTree should leverage video and audio in our marketing efforts, and coordinate the planning and production of those assets
- A professional background in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate with and on behalf of senior executives
- Keen attention to detail coupled with strong project management skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to using content marketing/editorial efforts to position WillowTree as a thought leader
- Expertise with social and earned media campaigns
- Understanding of the success drivers of visual design
- A passion for apps, mobile, and new technology
- A focus on continuous improvement and a quest to keep up with the latest trends in digital
- Experience in the technology industry
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.