Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
As a Growth Manager, you’ll lead complex business/technical integrations and impact our clients’ products through data-driven decisions. You’ll interact with some of the most brilliant minds in mobile app technology to manage ongoing integrated digital marketing campaigns. You’ll ensure our clients successfully adopt and leverage technology as we launch their digital marketing campaigns! In your cover letter, we encourage you to address how you'll further our goal of building a culturally diverse tech environment.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- You’ll lead complex business/technical integrations across a variety of client apps and tools such as Mixpanel, Segment, Amplitude, Branch, Braze, Airship, and mParticle
- Drive ongoing client success and satisfaction by determining the scope of various engagements and communicating regularly with various stakeholders
- You’ll coach project teams and mentor the Growth team to ensure client success
- Lead discovery engagements to learn our clients’ business goals and determine their optimal marketing tech stacks
- You’ll train clients to use their mobile growth stack and advise on best practices
- Manage client media budgets and apply them across social channels like Google and other digital advertising networks
- Lead ongoing marketing service engagements with clients, including push and email campaigns, outcomes-based analytics and data reporting to demonstrate ROI
- You’ll provide feedback to internal teams on creative asset and content development
- Resolve a wide range of customer inquiries from basic education to technical operations
- Develop multi-channel marketing strategies to improve engagement, conversion and retention metrics
- Collaborate with mobile technology vendors to develop customized marketing solutions for clients
- Analyze integrated marketing performance by audience segment and make adjustments to optimize customer experience, personalization and relevance
- Travel to client offices as needed
- A few years of professional experience in a client-facing marketing strategy role or account management role
- Experience successfully developing and leading multi-phase projects with diverse stakeholders
- You’ve led diverse teams and have coached and mentored team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of various digital marketing tools and effective reporting: analytics, attribution, ad serving, DMPs, push, email marketing, social media
- You’ve successfully planned and deployed integrated digital marketing or communications campaigns to drive acquisition, increase retention or improve customer long-term value
- Extensive knowledge of data-driven marketing practices: audience segmentation, personalization, retargeting, exclusions, etc.
- You can present complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and energetic way
- You’re empathetic to client needs and can help find solutions if problems arise
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate on passion projects, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.