Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
As a Growth Marketing Engineer at WillowTree, you’ll empower Fortune 500 companies' digital transformation goals to come to life with improved mobile technology capabilities. Your recommendations and strategies will play an integral part in the end-to-end creation, evolution and user experience of the world’s best digital products.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office and may require some travel. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Conduct discovery engagements to determine a client’s optimal marketing tech stack
- Lead complex business/technical integrations across a variety of client apps and tools such as Mixpanel, Segment, Amplitude, Branch, Braze, Airship, and mParticle
- Create technical documentation for engineers that outlines and communicates specific project needs by sprint in accordance with agile frameworks
- Drive ongoing client success and satisfaction, by determining the scope of various engagements, communicating regularly with various stakeholders and learning business goals and technology infrastructure
- Train clients on how to use their mobile growth stack and advising on best practices
- Lead ongoing marketing service engagements, outcomes-based analytics, and data reporting to demonstrate ROI for clients
- Calibrate technology platforms to align with business metrics, including audience segmentation, analytics dashboards, email automation and more
- Resolve a wide range of customer needs from basic education to technical operations
- Develop relationships with mobile technology vendors to develop customized solutions for clients
- Masters Degree with 2 years of experience OR a Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, communications, or other closely related fields with 3+ years of experience in a client-facing marketing strategy role or account management role
- Experience successfully developing and leading multi-phase projects with various stakeholders
- You've led diverse teams and mentored staff
- An excellent writer with great communication skills
- Experience with effective reporting: analytics, attribution, ad serving, CDPs and CRMs, push, email marketing, social media
- Advanced knowledge of data-driven marketing practices: audience segmentation, personalization, retargeting, automation, etc.
- Proven success planning and deploying integrated digital marketing campaigns to drive acquisition, increase retention, or improve customer long-term value
- Experience integrating with data warehouses (e.g. Redshift) and BI tools (e.g. Looker)
- Knowledge of various mobile growth tools, including Segment, mParticle, Branch, Appsflyer, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Marketing Cloud, Salesforce, Braze, and Leanplum
- Travel required once we return to the offices
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.