Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
As a Growth Manager, you’ll interact with some of the most forward-thinking minds in mobile app technology to manage ongoing integrated digital marketing campaigns. You’ll ensure our clients successfully adopt and leverage technology as we launch their campaigns!
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office and may require some travel. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Develop multi-channel campaign strategies, briefs and concepts maximizing Marketo capabilities
- Create new campaigns and messages in Marketo, making recommendations for cross-channel message template design, and writing personalization logic, triggering logic and audience segmentation logic
- Find opportunities to mature the use of Marketo, such as personalization, audience segmentation, scoring, and more.
- Recognize customer needs that can be fulfilled through Marketo and develop strategies to meet them
- Analyze campaign performance by segment using tools like Mixpanel, Segment, Amplitude, and mParticle
- Create and distribute analytics reports to clients that use data-driven insights to advocate for best practices and high-performance strategies
- Suggest strategies for email, push and in-app message campaign optimization through A/B testing, audience segmentation, creative and technical execution and journey mapping
- Edit HTML, run quality assurance on email coding languages and write personalization queries for email, push and in-app messages
- Develop journey maps, presentations and client reports to identify opportunities, key findings, and to build thought leadership
- Collaborate with mobile technology vendors to develop customized marketing solutions for clients
- Experience with clients in a technology support/operational solutions role
- You’ve worked in a client-facing marketing or consulting role
- A strong communicator — both written, verbal and through presentations — and are comfortably illustrating marketing strategies with slides and data visualizations
- Familiar with some of these digital marketing tools, potentially including, but not limited to:
- CRMs (Marketo is required, but additional experience with Braze, Iterable, Leanplum, Hubspot or Salesforce is preferred)
- CDPs (Segment, mParticle)
- Analytics (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Deeplinking / Attribution (Branch, AppsFlyer)
- You’ve used and know multiple data-driven marketing practices: audience segmentation, personalization, retargeting, exclusions, etc.
- Created reports for a multi-channel marketing campaign or you’ve assisted in planning a strategic marketing campaign
- You’ve led a CRM migration, preferably to Marketo from another provider
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.