Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Platform Software Test Engineer, you’ll advocate for continuous delivery and build quality in the entire software development process.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Consistently drive the quality and health of software projects with an appreciation for quality code and development processes
- Understand the type and value of each test while using debugging tools to complement your testing efforts
- Define and craft testing solutions, including both manual and automated testing
- Demonstrate QA & test engineering fundamentals with an eye for design and architecture
- Create and execute test plans for features within the software delivery lifecycle
- Write clear defect reports and help stakeholders make informed triage decisions
- Apply critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes to confidently deliver high-quality software
- You’ll take a deep dive into software to solve obscure issues with a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, and clients
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Provide mentorship to our teams while giving and receiving constructive feedback from your teammates
- Demonstrate thoughtful written and verbal communication skills
- Strong fundamental understanding of software testing best practices
- Expertise developing test plans, test cases, and executing tests on an array of platforms
- Experience owning the QA process on projects with multiple test and quality engineers
- You have experience with test automation frameworks for mobile and web apps (Selenium, Appium, XCTest UI, Espresso)
- Strong desire and appreciation for continuous learning
- Collaborating with others to solve tough problems that go beyond your own skill set (e.g. improving test environment stability, building robust build pipelines, etc.)
- Writing test or application code in at least one development language
- Building, extending and using test automation frameworks
- You enjoy taking ownership of tasks within a team and solving problems
- You’re a self-starter who embraces new technologies, enjoys researching new tools and applying them as needed
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
- Accessibility Testing and WCAG standards (screen readers, mouseless navigation testing, etc)
- Practicing TDD or BDD in a professional environment
- Experience using native mobile automation tools (Espresso/XCUITest) or latest browser automation tools (Cypress/TestCafe)
- Working on agile teams in new product development
- Experience with integration/end-to-end testing of backend services
- Testing complex mobile apps
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks (TestNG, JUnit, xUnit)
- A list of emerging technologies we’re interested in: load testing, performance testing, containerization/parallelization of native mobile test automation frameworks, security background, and iOT
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.