Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
Our Growth Marketing team considers how users interact with a brand’s app or website and where users consume content. We aim to create frictionless experiences across product experience, advertising networks, owned channels, and social media. A few client apps and tools we use across our team include: Radar, Segment, Amplitude, Branch, Braze, Airship, and mParticle and more.
As a Senior Program Director in our Growth Marketing practice, you’ll lead teams as they implement complex technical integrations. Your findings and strategies will help guide the creation and evolution of innovative digital products. Your creative leadership will also be instrumental in raising teams of professionals that deliver creative and performative user experiences.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Advocate for growth best practices and combine them with cutting edge product and marketing trends
- Orchestrate and lead cross-functional teams that deliver award-winning user experiences that impact the digital design and development industry
Acquisition, Retention, and Engagement
- Develop a broader brand marketing strategy using channels like ASO, SEO, display, direct mail, events, programmatic and more
- Create a messaging strategy that includes triggered, promotional, and transactional cross-channel messaging
- Run a (possibly freelanced) advertising team to show successful results as partnership opportunities arise
Team and Office Leadership
- Work with a team to guide the storytelling aspect of an Opportunity Assessment, and steer the story as needed
- Provide office leadership for our NYC site by creating a clear support network and a leadership conduit to other WillowTree offices
- Carry banner of NYC team vision and leadership including mentoring, coaching, and personalized development plans for growth staff
- Establish direct relationships with relevant vendors to influence and negotiate partnerships that are mutually beneficial
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to learn business goals and technology infrastructure
- Determine the scope of various engagements
- Manage multiple projects and teams by providing strategic direction, marketing expertise, resource assistance, delegation, and revenue in the range of $3 million to $5 million
- Advanced knowledge of various digital marketing tools and effective reporting: analytics, attribution, ad serving, CDPs, push/SMS/in-app, email marketing, social media
- Experience with several platforms in our toolset: Braze, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Segment, mParticle, Branch, Radar, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google analytics/Firebase, Marketo, Adobe Marketing Cloud, and Tableau
- Developed and led multi-phase projects with various stakeholders
- Experience leading, coaching, or mentoring diverse teams
- An excellent writer with great communication skills
- An understanding of the drivers of retention, CAC, and LTV
- Can create formula-based, mathematical recommendations for optimizations
- Expertise with data-driven marketing practices: audience segmentation, personalization, retargeting, exclusions, etc.
- Proven success planning and deploying integrated digital marketing or communications campaigns to drive acquisition, increase retention, and improve customer long-term value
- Experience developing team members and creating training plans for Saas adoption and data analyzation
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.