WillowTree is hiring for empathetic, curious engineers to join our growing team. We work in a fast-paced and energizing atmosphere, helping our clients’ ideas come to life by building robust mobile and web applications. Our iOS technologies vary by project, so we value flexibility and willingness to learn. Our goal is to build amazing solutions for our clients, and our Mobile experience is a crucial part of how we deliver on that promise.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members temporarily have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Are driven by curiosity and enthusiastic about learning new technologies
- Are motivated by solving problems and finding creative solutions
- Believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- Have professional programming experience— we’re thinking at least 5 years
- Have built and shipped code that is durable, secure, scalable, always up and running
- Have a strong understanding of data modeling with Swift (protocols, enums, structs, classes)
- You have familiarity with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Fastlane) and experience setting up deployment pipelines
- Frequently use the XCTest framework to test your code
- Can architect robust networking and data modeling layers
- Have owned the delivery of major features and components
- Closely follow Swift coding conventions and iOS design patterns
- Proactively identify risks and approach them with a solution-oriented mindset
- Are comfortable using IDE’s, version control and/or command line tools
- Are able to provide recommendations on what are the best ways to solve a problem for a particular platform
- Consider 'big picture' perspectives and can successfully balance business goals and technical constraints
- Enjoy mentoring other developers
- Experience with the code signing and distribution process
- You have used Apple services like iCloud, universal linking, push notifications and/or Keychain
- You've developed for multiple Apple platforms (watchOS, tvOS, CarPlay)
- An appreciation for inclusive and accessible UI implementations
- Experience using SwiftUI / Combine
- You've worked with emerging technologies like Machine Learning, Voice and/or AR/VR
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
You’ll love this job if you...
- Are comfortable collaborating and communicating with teams and clients to deliver software in an agile environment
- Find it rewarding to improve existing code to make it more maintainable, testable and elegant
- Enjoy pair-programming
- Believe the job isn’t finished until your code is covered by unit tests
- Pride yourself on your work and take responsibilities and commitments seriously
- Value daily opportunities to immerse yourself deeply in your work
- Celebrate differences and thrive in an environment where everyone’s unique contributions are encouraged
- Value a feedback culture that fosters personal and professional growth
You’ll love working at WillowTree because…
We are a fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our clients. We empower our employees and teams to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don't get it right. These are some of the things we value:
- Exceed Client Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every client that compels them to share it with others
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our clients and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement, and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough
Our Leadership Principles
Client Obsessed - Trust by Default - Transparency - Culture of Feedback - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Realistic Optimism - Practice Kindness
What Makes WillowTree Special
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.