Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As an iOS Software Engineer, you'll turn complex (sometimes messy) ideas into elegant, intuitive digital experiences. You’ll influence project outcomes and collaborate with teammates to build amazing products people love.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Work closely with other engineers, designers, and our clients to work through requirements and solve problems to build great software
- Demonstrate strong software development fundamentals with an eye for design and architecture
- Explore and advocate for Software Engineering best practices
- Embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- Self-aware of limitations, yet curious to learn new solutions and receptive to constructive feedback from teammates
- Thoughtful about communication with others, celebrating differences and unique contributions
- Take ownership of your work by meeting deadlines, anticipating delays, and raising issues appropriately
- You have a fundamental understanding of software engineering best practices and how software is compiled and built
- Understanding of basic data modeling (protocols, enums with associated values etc...) Standard library type use
- Grasp of iOS UI elements and building out custom UI for unique behaviors and designs
- Proficiency with Auto Layout
- Familiarity with XCUI automation testing
- Expertise building applications that utilize networking and data modeling layers
- Experience with the code signing process and distribution
- You've used Apple services like iCloud, universal linking, push notifications, Keychain sharing
- Built and deployed complex software at scale involving at least one of our core technologies (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering)
- You’ve owned and led the delivery of major features and components
- Deep understanding and appreciation of quality code and architecture
- You’re able to proactively identify bottlenecks and bring a solution-oriented mindset to problems
- Comfortable using a browser, IDE, and other basic organizational tools
- Motivated to build products that people love to use
- Able to provide an accurate estimation of time and effort around projects while considering business objectives and technical constraints
- You’re excited to work with a supportive and highly collaborative multidisciplinary team
- Recognizes the value of both manual and automated testing; can write clean, testable code that helps long term maintenance
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
- Basic understanding of designing RESTful APIs that are optimized for responsive, interactive mobile experiences
- Knowledge of CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI) and experience setting up deployment pipelines
- Appreciation for inclusive responsive UI implementation
- A list of emerging technologies we’re interested in: Big Data, Machine Learning, Voice, AR/VR, Security Background, and IoT
- You have code samples or a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.