Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Senior Digital Researcher is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company from idea conception to product launch. You’ll kick-off and lead research projects for our clients’ digital products across a variety of industries.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Durham, NC office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- You’ll build trust and credibility with clients through empathy and open communication
- Partner with clients to set research and business goals and resolve any conflicts to ensure the users’ best interest
- Collaborate with Product Strategists and Product Designers to design rigorous research methodologies while flexibly considering timeline and scope
- Identify important research questions and implement user-centered research methods that translate to digital features and design
- You’ll draw from a breadth of tools and approaches to investigate UX questions such as user interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, and usability tests
- You’ll balance quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product direction and implementation
- Compile and present findings to stakeholders in a clear, actionable, and compelling way
- Advocate for research best practices with our clients and across the company
- Experience conducting research with a focus on digital or UX
- A strong foundation of research design and can maintain research integrity
- You’ve conducted mixed methods research and are comfortable using quantitative or qualitative research
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring others on best practices
- You have client management experience and can design research engagements around business needs
- You’ve selected appropriate research methodologies while considering timelines and constraints
- You’re comfortable designing and conducting interviews, surveys, ethnographic research, usability tests, competitive landscapes, secondary research (e.g. literature reviews), etc
- Ability to creatively target and recruit participants
- You can recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- You’ve conducted research within the digital and/or mobile product space
- Experience presenting complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling and actionable way
- Advanced quantitative research skills and/or a statistics background
- Digital agency experience
- You’ve shipped products with features based on your research
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it’s important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.