WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. Check out what others are saying about us!
Our new grad program is designed for recent college graduates to transition into their careers with confidence. And just to make sure you’re advancing in your craft, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to spend time with team members in your discipline to discuss the latest trends in design, all while having a 1-on-1 mentor relationship with an experienced Product Designer.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or involvement in student organizations. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office.
- You’ll help our clients achieve their outcomes and business goals through forward-thinking design
- You’ll successfully advocate for effective design practices, design sprints, and best practices with our clients and teams
- You’ll create product experiences from ideation to execution for clients across various industries.
- You’ll continually push our team’s creative, visual, and interactive design capabilities
- You’ll amplify WillowTree’s thought leadership in the design community through speaking, writing, or partnerships
- You plan to graduate in December 2020 or May 2021
- An online portfolio of strong mobile app or web design work
- Experience with design tools like Sketch/Adobe XD, Figma, and InVision
- A strong conceptual thinker with a demonstrated ability to understand customer needs, user behaviors, and project requirements
- Solid written and oral communication skills and an ability to articulately explain design decisions
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, and basic design principles
- You’re comfortable presenting your designs to teammates and clients
- A passion for current design trends coupled with a strong understanding of user experience
- You’ve presented your designs to clients and other designers. Whether the audience is internal, conference attendees, or a client, you can sell an idea clearly and confidently while explaining your design decisions
- Motion design experience
P.S. Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. If you feel confident about a good amount of the bullet points above, we’ll ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.