Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of buyer needs, key market trends, and the competitive landscape to influence how WillowTree takes its services to market within specific verticals. In partnership with your Commercial Team counterparts, you will ensure that all inbound and outbound marketing efforts are on message and targeted at the appropriate accounts and buyer groups—and you will share the responsibility of building the target account pipeline within your vertical.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Own the creation of a cohesive go-to-market strategy for your vertical
- Act as the voice of the customer by clearly articulating vertical-specific market dynamics and buyer pain points.
- Work with the marketing, business development, and strategy teams to develop marketing programs that drive demand within your vertical
- Help articulate and evangelize WillowTree’s point of view within a vertical by leading the ideation, development, and syndication of thought leadership content
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape and help shape positioning and messaging strategy for your vertical
- Closely collaborate with our Business Development VPs to crystallize your vertical’s ideal customer profile and build target account lists
- Develop repeatable go-to-market mechanics that scale with the growth of the business
- Deep experience working in a product marketing capacity and/or senior marketing or product management role
- Understanding of segmentation strategies, developing buyer groups, articulating customer pain points, and crafting client-facing messaging
- Autonomous self-starter who thrives on a team where initiative and innovation are celebrated and rewarded
- Strong written and verbal communication skills—you've created content in past roles and can share writing samples and demonstrate writing proficiency through a test project
- Strong analytical skills—proven ability to measure the efficacy of marketing initiatives and adjust accordingly
- Comfortable doing competitive research
- Experience writing case studies
- Experience in the technology industry
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.