WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. Check out what others are saying about us!
Our new grad program is designed for recent college graduates to transition into their careers with confidence. And just to make sure you’re advancing in your craft, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to work directly with our project teams to ensure that WillowTree is building software with security best practices in mind.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or involvement in student organizations. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville office.
- You’ll analyze software designs and implementations from a security perspective across our projects
- Create tools and processes to identify security issues and then help project teams find a way to resolve them
- Establish and constantly refine appropriate security analyses, defenses, and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle
- Implementing, testing, and operating advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Performing on-going security testing and code reviews to improve software security
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues that arise
- Implementing automated tests where applicable
- Provide or integrate automated tools for the SDLC
- Contribute to all levels of software architecture with security considerations
- Maintain technical documentation
- Lead project team members by implementing the latest secure coding practices
- Stay apprised of new tools and best practices
- Perform Code Reviews for projects and prospective clients
- You plan to graduate in December 2020 or May 2021
- Internship experience as a software security engineer and/or tester or relevant coursework
- Knowledge of techniques, standards, and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication, authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities, and remediation
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and OWASP Top 10 Mobile
- Software development experience in one of our core languages: Swift, Android Java, Kotlin, and/or various versions of JS
- Proficient with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures), and of network/web related protocols
- Deep interest and curiosity in all aspects of security research and development
- Desire to work with project teams and build consensus for security best practices
- Light travel required to other WillowTree offices
P.S. Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. If you feel confident about a good amount of the bullet points above, we’ll ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.