Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Program Director, you’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to create a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project!
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office and may require some travel. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Contribute significantly to the client PMO process and approach by improving and adapting as needed
- Advise other Project Managers within your program to evolve product development work and impact high profile client relationships
- As our clients’ trusted advisor and consultant, you’ll influence the shape of client relationships
- Learn and lead the product lifecycle for major Fortune 500 digital products
- Set the product vision for your team to maintain a shared understanding of business outcomes
- Identify commercial opportunities that enhance product vision and the roadmap through technical and design innovation
- Facilitate and maintain a psychologically safe team environment
- Champion product development best practices across the organization and influence our client teams’ practices
- 12+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Project Owner, or Team Lead in a client services business
- You’ve managed Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- A blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen
- You've demonstrated experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and multiple executive stakeholders
- An expert communicator who regularly run workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups
- You’re a technical problem solver that can adeptly determine how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- Experience as a Project or Product Manager for a major technology consultancy or agency
- PMP certification
- Led projects that require the build and delivery of successful native iOS and/or Android applications that have been delivered to a high volume of users
- Participated in an Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.