Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US building and designing digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We consult with Fortune 500 companies all over the world, such as HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
We’re a 9-time Inc 500/5000 company and have been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile, digital design, and development services. Due to our 244% revenue growth in the last three years, we were named one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 500. We’re also one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
Our Business Development team encompasses a range of skilled professionals that drive innovation and growth on the front lines of client engagement. As a team, we rally around three distinct areas in the client journey map: Prospecting, Pursuit, and Expansion. A few responsibilities across our team include: identifying new relationships and opportunities, nurturing ongoing relationships with client partners, contracting agreements, writing proposals, pitching our services to prospective clients, and more.
As a Solutions Architect, you’ll help define how WillowTree delivers services in the emerging Government space. Core responsibilities of this role include: (i) scoping, interpreting, and prioritizing client needs based on relative complexity; (ii) architecting software systems composed of legacy and net-new, industry-leading components, (iii) leading software estimation, resource planning, and project phasing to build teams that can rapidly deliver value; and (iv) presenting our technical approach to clients via written proposal, virtual meeting, or in-person as needed. Your work will provide sufficient clarity in scope, architectural design, and our delivery schedule to facilitate a smooth transition to a delivery team.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Solutioning: Define how we intend to build the product
- Work iteratively with potential clients to turn abstract client goals into clearly defined features and software solutions
- Refine functional requirements based on existing systems architecture and propose new components or service layers as needed
- Make technology decisions that consider client needs and in-house capabilities (ex: Native iOS/Android, Xamarin, Progressive Web Apps, Content management systems, and cloud platforms)
- Identify high-risk features and propose steps to minimize the risk
- Work with PMs to establish bespoke project plans that reflect dependencies, risks, and prior learnings
- Propose competitive yet realistic solutions that advocate for our delivery teams
Estimation: Planning and Pricing the Product
- Lead the estimation process to provide timelines, pricing, allocations, and project plans
Business Development: Winning the Business
- Clearly articulate our architectural and project approach utilizing spreadsheets, documents, and presentations as needed
- Explain our technical and operational offerings during client pitches
- Serve as a technical resource to answer any technology-specific questions internally or during client meetings
- Assist in proposal copywriting to ensure that our best technical thinking is reflected
- Multi-platform technical experience or familiarity with:
- Backend cloud architecture and data service layers/BFFs (AWS, REST)
- Front-end mobile technologies (iOS, Android, Web)
- Networking/communication protocols (HTTP/REST, BLE)
- Content Management Systems
- Ability and curiosity to research new technologies and apply learnings immediately
- Relentless attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in ambiguity, ability to identify true risks vs. insignificant unknowns
- Experience with work planning, building bespoke plans, and framing complex concepts
- The ability to clearly explain your thinking to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Prior Salesforce or MuleSoft experience
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.