Who We Are
WillowTree is one of the largest independent digital consultancies in the US building and designing digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We consult with Fortune 500 companies all over the world, such as HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more.
We’re a 9-time Inc 500/5000 company and have been featured in the Forrester Wave for mobile, digital design, and development services. Due to our 244% revenue growth in the last three years, we were named one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 500. We’re also one of a few firms globally to be certified partners with Apple, Google, SAP, and Microsoft.
Our Business Development team encompasses a range of skilled professionals that drive innovation and growth on the front lines of client engagement. As a team, we rally around three distinct areas in the client journey map: Prospecting, Pursuit, and Expansion. A few responsibilities across our team include: identifying new relationships and opportunities, nurturing ongoing relationships with client partners, contracting agreements, writing proposals, pitching our services to prospective clients, and more.
The Partner & Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for elevating WillowTree’s business to the next level. The Partner will lead the emergence of our MuleSoft service offerings by winning new clients and cultivating key prospective accounts. You’ll ensure all aspects of account work (strategic development to execution) are exceeding client expectations.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office and may require some travel. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Optimally communicate our differentiation/capability externally to clients, and identify target accounts to approach with the various MuleSoft services offered by WillowTree
- Articulate both MuleSoft product features/differentiation as well as WillowTree’s ability to implement those technology solutions
- You’ll collaborate with our Solutions Architects and Product teams to craft executive-level proposals, pitches, and SOWs for prospective and existing clients
- Cultivate and extend existing C-level relationships with current clients
- Promote and market WillowTree solutions/offerings to MuleSoft, Salesforce, and other alliance partners
- You’ll team up with our delivery leadership to respond to opportunities and team-sell through RFP responses or other types of sales cycles
- Develop a combined go to market strategy with the MuleSoft sales organization targeting mutually-agreed industries
- Advise WillowTree’s internal teams regarding industry and vendor trends such that WillowTree remains well-positioned to assist our customers in Application Integration and API Management space
- Extensive experience with selling MuleSoft-related integration services
- You've maintained a strong relationship with the MuleSoft Sales and Executive teams
- Expertise in client negotiations, closing sales, pipeline management, and maintaining year-over-year sales results
- A proven track record of driving ideas and initiatives with technology partners
- Technical knowledge of MuleSoft and its capabilities
- You’re familiar with working with and presenting to C-level professionals of Fortune 500 companies
- You’re creative— oftentimes our clients are looking for inspiration and direction -- and have genuine enthusiasm in coming up with solutions for brands/clients
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
- Former MuleSoft developer turned Business Development professional
- An engineering or computer science degree/background
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.