Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test , you’ll impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll influence project outcomes and advocate for continuous delivery in the entire software development process.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Columbus, OH office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Lead the QA and test engineering efforts on complex software projects from beginning to end in a team-based environment
- Identify and correct obstacles at scale to improve the process of how we test software, ensure quality, and improve user experience
- Lead automation as an essential piece of successful software delivery
- You’ll ensure debugging and instrumentation are part of the process of building high performing, best-in-class products
- Demonstrate an understanding of software development lifecycles by coaching others to apply best practices to their day-to-day work
- Help your team understand and work through changing priorities by bringing positive energy into the system, apply your knowledge and learnings at organizational scale
- Confidently deliver high-quality software by applying critical thinking to products, requirements, and processes
- Communicate and simplify complex problems in order to foster understanding across multidisciplinary teams
- Mentor a larger team towards shared goals and outcomes, and able to navigate difficult conversations to provide feedback
- Experience leading or mentoring a QA/Test Engineering team with a growth mindset
- Tested and deployed complex software at scale involving at least one of our core technologies (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering)
- Expertise with advanced automation tools (virtualization, machine learning based testing, massive parallelization)
- Experience with multiple test automation frameworks across different platforms (iOS, Android, Web Apps)
- Understanding of the value of CI/CD and the ability to create robust deployment pipelines
- Proficiency with using, modifying, and creating development tools to improve processes and foster efficiency
- You’ve worked in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency, heavy client facing) and demonstrate empathy to client needs, helping to find solutions if problems arise
- Can present complex ideas to clients and team members in a compelling manner
- Desire to contribute sound recommendations and influence product decisions
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
- You’ve led a team outside of test engineering
- Accessibility Testing and WCAG standards (screen readers, mouseless navigation testing, etc)
- Practicing TDD or BDD in a professional environment
- Experience using native mobile automation tools (Espresso/XCUITest) or latest browser automation tools (Cypress/TestCafe)
- Proficiency with one or more of our core technologies beyond software testing (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering)
- Conducting interviews and hiring for your team
- A list of emerging technologies we’re interested in: load testing, performance testing, containerization/parallelization of native mobile test automation frameworks, security background, and iOT
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.