Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
- Design, develop, and configure Salesforce cloud platform for web based applications using Apex programming language
- Independently develop and deploy applications without guidance or supervision
- Task estimation and sizing for development tasks for fortune 500 clients on projects that are longer than 6 months in duration
- Deploy applications to both the Google Play store and Salesforce cloud platform
- Develop native Android applications using Java and Kotlin programming languages
- Design and develop application-based services for user authentication
- Develop user interfaces and integrate applications with databases to store and retrieve information.
- Collaborate with architect and design team on any user experience changes
- Create and estimate JIRA tasks for a given Android sprint
- Ensure the quality and completion of the Android application implementation
- Implement features of the application as defined by requirements in JIRA
- Fix bugs identified by quality assurance
- Communicate identified risks to timeline or Android app quality
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science , Engineering, or a related field and 3 years of experience in the following:
- Developing SSL communication between mobile application and middleware for user authentication
- Java programming
- Integration with APIs to retrieve application data for display to the end user
- Management and progression of tickets using a ticket management system like JIRA
- Communication of technical information and details of application functionality to non-technical personnel including but not limited to marketing and project managers
- On-time delivery of 90% spring commitments in Agile development methodology
- Functional unit testing
- Debugging, remediating defects and tracing code in applications and projects that did not originally author
- 2 years of branching, commits and pull request creation and approval using one or more of the following source control systems: BitBicket, Git, SVN, or TFS
- 2 years of deployment of approved applications to the Google play store
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.