Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
The Human Resources Generalist will be our front-line HR lead for our Columbus office. As a part of our Human Resources and Employee Experience team, you will work collaboratively with your HR peers to foster an environment where everyone at WillowTree can thrive.
You’ll assist our leadership with performance management and employee coaching. You will manage a world-class on-boarding experience and be a key resource for internal and external stakeholders regarding benefits and perks at WillowTree. In your cover letter, we encourage you to address how you'll further our goal of building a culturally diverse tech environment.
*This is a full-time opportunity on-site at our Columbus, OH office. Currently, all team members are working from home until our offices reopen.
- You’ll support our team members’ career growth and ensure WillowTree remains one of the Best Places to Work
- You’ll operate autonomously in the Columbus office, while also cross-collaborating with the rest of the HR team to create a world-class experience for our team members to ensure they’ll want to stay and thrive at WillowTree
- You’ll advocate for meaningful mentorship and growth opportunities
- You’ll foster a culture of teams that are inclusive, innovative and inspired
- You’ll be the go-to person for questions related to perks and benefits, professional guidance, and the WillowTree way
- You’ll use discretion and judgment to interpret and apply the policies that shape the way we work at WillowTree (e.g. PTO, professional development, ADA/FMLA)
- You’ll improve existing processes (e.g. on-boarding, training and mentoring) and implementing new benefits and perks
- You’ll own our compliance processes — getting into the nitty-gritty with EEO-1 filing, OSHA record-keeping, and providing numbers and data for state reporting
- You’ll research and implement best practices for mentorship, health and wellness initiatives, performance development, and benefits
- You’ll shape policies to drive our culture
- You’ve been working in HR for 5+ years, and you’re looking for a place where you can make a true impact
- You have experience in aspects of HR Employee Relations.
- You’re flexible and believe that process shouldn’t (always) get in the way of progress
- You’ve experienced many different aspects of Human Resources - from performance management to benefits administration
- You love details and accuracy. You’re a grammar nerd and love when instructions and policies make sense
- You’re able to work with confidential information and have a great sense of judgment when dealing with team member concerns
- You’re passionate about inclusion and always looking for ways to make people feel heard
- You don’t shy away from difficult conversations — you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help team members go beyond their full potential
- You have your PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- You have experience, as an HR professional, with mergers and acquisitions.
- You have experience in a fast-growing company with changing business needs (+1 for a background in the creative or tech industry)
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.