Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo. In the span of a few short years, WillowTree has grown significantly and continues to expand our infrastructure and user base.
The SEO Strategist is a highly autonomous role with endless opportunities to grow and shape a newer WillowTree department! You’ll be the primary point of contact for SEO-related questions from clients as well as an integral part of web project teams that support technical SEO requirements. Your keyword research will inform content + design decisions and will assist in QA’ing implemented code. You’ll also support internal team training, strategic growth, and business development efforts as needed.
*This is not a remote position and is located in our Columbus, OH office.
- Analyze website infrastructure to identify opportunities for improved search visibility
- Conduct in-depth keyword research to inform design and content strategy teams
- Analyze a client’s competitive space and develop actionable, quantitative and qualitative insights to drive SEO performance
- Work with technical and non-technical audiences to communicate your ideas and tactical recommendations
- Collaborate daily with cross-disciplinary teams such as product strategy, research, engineering and product design to create an amazing product experience for our clients
- Stay up to date on SEO industry trends and search engine algorithms to inform new strategies, including experimenting iteratively with new techniques
- Work with engineering teams to build SEO-friendly CMS solutions for clients
- Build custom reporting dashboards with actionable insights for client use
- Experience in SEO at a digital agency or in-house
- You have a data-driven mindset and are familiar with Google Search Console, Google Analytics, Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, Screaming Frog, and other SEO tools
- You have an understanding of how SEO is affected by web performance, usability, and other facets of the web like voice search, and native mobile apps
- You’ve developed and helped implement technical SEO and content recommendations to drive organic search growth and meet client-defined business outcomes
- Ability to clearly envision and articulate technical SEO and content requirements
- You’re knowledgeable about modern web technologies, including an understanding of server-side rendering, single-page applications, and how bots crawl a site
- You’re a strong communicator and enjoy interfacing with clients regularly
- A tenacious approach to problem-solving and implementing flexible, dynamic solutions
- You have an eye for detail and believe in documentation and organization
- You can remain calm under pressure
- You’re a self-starter and can operate independently across offices
- Ability to effectively manage workload across multiple projects
- You have a growth mindset and passion to learn about web development
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related discipline
- A background in content strategy/development, programming/web development, or app store optimization
- Direct experience with web or native app product and development teams
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.