Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re one of the largest independent digital firms in the US and some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Hilton, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
The Administrative Specialist will ensure the smooth operation and administrative functionality of WillowTree’s office in Durham, NC. You’ll partner closely with and support our Durham executive team by managing their schedules, calendars, and travel. You’ll plan and execute social events and client visits, ensuring a high level of organization and coordination with internal and external stakeholders. You’ll be successful if you’re highly adaptable and collaborative. As part of WillowTree’s larger Internal Operations team, you’ll partner day-to-day with Office Operations and HR to support the ever-changing needs and priorities within the Durham office.
- You’ll proactively coordinate and maintain challenging calendars of meetings, travel itineraries, on/off-site client visits, and more for executive-level team members
- You’ll successfully prioritize and coordinate executives’ incoming scheduling requests with a focus on protecting their time and meeting the needs of the team and business
- You’ll book and arrange travel, including flights, hotels, and rental vehicles
- You’ll plan and execute client visits and board meetings at the Durham office, ensuring a seamless and hospitable experience. This entails managing all meeting logistics, catering, and communication with both internal and external stakeholders
- You’ll partner closely with our Office Operations team to plan and execute events such as annual parties, social events, company summits, and more
- You’ll positively represent WillowTree to external clients, candidates, and visitors in-person, over the phone, and email
- You’ll plan and coordinate new hires’ schedules and itineraries to ensure a successful onboarding experience
- You’ll curate and deliver thoughtful gifts for Durham team members to celebrate milestones (e.g. anniversaries, birthdays, new babies)
- You’ll help to ensure smooth meeting logistics across the office (e.g. prioritize and re-arrange conference rooms based on the number of attendees, the technology needed, and more)
- You’ll reconcile bi-monthly expense reports for Durham executives and shared office expenses
- You’ll embody a can-do attitude to support other projects within Internal Operations to ensure the overall success of the administrative and office-related operations
- You have a minimum of 4 years of administrative experience supporting executive-level team members
- You’ve managed multiple busy schedules (i.e. you understand what can be moved, and what can't, and you can effectively prioritize)
- You have expertise in arranging domestic and/or international travel, including flights, hotels, and rental vehicles
- You’re patient, welcoming, and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of personalities
- You have experience with meeting and event planning
- You identify inefficiencies and implement new processes and solutions
- You’re comfortable managing multiple priorities and navigating ambiguity
- You have a strong appreciation for organization and details while having a client services mentality
- You have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- You have administrative experience in a tech or digital firm
- You’ve planned and organized corporate board meetings and events
- You have experience managing corporate expense reports via various software tools (e.g. Expensify, Ramp)
- You’re proficient in G-Suite (specifically Google Calendars)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.