We like to plan ahead.
To support each of our clients, we create project teams of mixed disciplines. In order to keep up with the demand for what we do, we’re always on the lookout for great talent! Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and application materials for consideration. Once we begin the interview process, Talent Acquisition will contact you if this position matches your skillset. It’s never too early to discover your next career!
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy, engineering and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business goals. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US with clients like HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more.
The Project Manager is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities. You’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to create a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project!
- You’ll drive extraordinary product development, leading the creation of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- You’ll lean on your client services expertise to direct effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process
- You’ll deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing partners, and C-level executives
- You’ll effectively create, guide, and communicate the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- You’ll guide the scope to encourage sustainable flow on your team while keeping focus on the key client objectives
- You’ll be flexible and adaptive to changing scenarios and environments and apply appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- You’ll visit your client 1-3 days per month, up to 20% of the time during kickoff or launch periods
- You’ll engage with clients directly to manage relationships, account details, and project scope
- You have 4+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, Team Lead, Scrum Master in a client services business
- You have experience leading large, custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- You’ve demonstrated empathy, experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- You’re an experienced technical problem solver that can adeptly figure out how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- You’re an expert communicator who regularly runs workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups on enterprise business goals
- You have a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen and mindset of motivating clients and 3rd party counterparts to be collaborative partners
- You've managed projects in which you mentor other product, development, design, and testing team members
- You’ve been a Project or Product Manager and Scrum Master from a major technology consultancy or agency
- You’ve directed projects that required the build and delivery of native iOS/Android applications
- You’ve driven projects that were successfully delivered to a high volume of users
- You’ve taken part in Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
- You have certifications like CSM, CSPO, CAPM, PMI-ACP, etc.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.