Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
As a Human Resources Generalist, you'll serve as the front-line HR lead in our Charlottesville location. You'll manage a world-class onboarding experience and be a key resource for internal and external stakeholders regarding benefits and perks at WillowTree. In collaboration with our HR and Employee Experience team, you'll help foster an environment where everyone at WillowTree can thrive.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
*In response to the pandemic, our team members have the option to work remotely. Once it is safe to return, this role will be based in our Charlottesville, VA office. Non-local candidates are encouraged to apply as we provide relocation assistance.
- Support our team members’ career growth and ensure WillowTree remains one of the Best Places to Work
- Advocate and foster a culture that values meaningful mentorship, inclusion, and innovation
- Facilitate an amazing team member experience at all touch-points of their WT career lifecycle
- Champion the use of our performance management system within the company to influence open communication and feedback
- Assist our leadership with performance management and employee coaching
- Work with our HR team to manage our performance appraisals, feedback program, and overall performance management processes
- 5+ years of experience with many aspects of Human Resources (Performance Management, Employee Relations, Benefits Administration, etc.)
- You love details and accuracy—you’re a grammar nerd and love when instructions and policies make sense
- You have expertise managing an HRIS (eg. BambooHR) and Performance Management System (eg. Lattice)
- You’re passionate about inclusion and are always looking for ways to make people feel heard
- You don’t shy away from difficult conversations — you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help team members go beyond their full potential
Even if you don’t have expertise in all of the qualifications listed, we value new perspectives and backgrounds and encourage you to apply. We’re committed to building a diverse company that reflects the diversity of our users. We’re committed to growth-mindset.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Experience as an HR professional, with mergers and acquisitions
- You have experience in a fast-growing company with changing business needs (+1 for a background in the creative or tech industry)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.