Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Staff Software Engineer (.NET) is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams through your leadership. You’ll collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to create incredible digital products!
*This position is located in our Columbus, Ohio office.
- You’ll simplify complex problems by identifying obstacles to improve our software engineering process
- You have a deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle and can apply your knowledge to any situation
- You're an empathetic leader that can work with others to build and foster an inclusive team
- Your expertise in various industries and verticals will serve the needs of our clients and delivery teams
- You’ll play a part in the success of complex projects spanning various platforms and ecosystems
- You’ll work with internal/external product stakeholders to direct and define technical and business goals
- You’ll mentor a team by providing feedback to your teammates to aid in their professional development
- You’ll help your team understand changing priorities and carry out new goals
- You’ll embody a growth mindset and apply it in your leadership style
- You’ll research new tools and technologies to help innovate your projects and teams
- You’ll test your own work and peer’s work prior to handing off to QA
- 10+ years of experience in a software engineering capacity with a focus on leading technical teams
- You have coaching or mentorship experience
- Languages/Framework: Minimum of ASP.NET 4, C#
- Web Platform: ASP.NET, MVC 4-5
- Development tools/IDE: Visual Studio 2017, SQL Server Management Studio
- Database: MSSQLServer or MySQL
- Object-oriented development
- Version Control - Git/SVN/TFS
- You’ve worked on a team with mixed disciplines
- Solution-oriented with a desire to contribute sound recommendations that influence product decisions
- You’re comfortable having difficult conversations and always have your clients’ and teammates’ best interests in mind
- You’re a strong communicator that has experience presenting complex ideas to team members and clients/stakeholders in a compelling and energetic way
- You’re able to travel for one week per month
- You've fostered team adoption/creation of tooling to enhance their capabilities
- A deep understanding of the purpose and value of CI/CD, and the ability to change processes to align with CD principles
- You’re proficient with one or more of our core technologies (iOS, Android, Web Apps, API Engineering, .Net, Software Testing)
- You’ve worked in a client services environment (e.g. digital agency)
- Experience conducting interviews and hiring for your team
- You’ve worked in an agile environment
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.