Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Nestle, PepsiCo, and many more.
The Director of IT is a leadership role with endless opportunities to impact our team by leading our growing IT team and influencing WillowTree’s productivity and efficiency. As the Director of IT for four offices, you’ll develop and maintain our strategic roadmap to ensure information technology capabilities continually support our business needs and goals.
- Leadership of the IT team including hiring, career growth, and performance management
- Partner with other teams to identify and address unique IT needs
- Create sustainable systems for managing ongoing processes like onboarding, offboarding, help requests, tooling requests, etc.
- Risk Management - identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare budgets grounded in research that consider new services, equipment, systems and upgrades that provide strategic solutions for our IT needs
- Manage IT purchasing process
- Manage the process for making tooling decisions across the org
- Experience as an IT director for a sizeable software development or tech company
- In-depth understanding of networks and computer systems (both hardware and software)
- You’re passionate about making data-driven decisions
- Client services mindset - regularly gather feedback to ensure the department is aligned with what the company needs. Treat the services that IT provides as a product.
- Experience leading a team with clear definition of responsibilities and priorities
- You value team accountability and have coached a team by providing opportunities for growth and learning
- Industry experience of tools, best practices
- You have an in-depth experience analyzing, evaluating, and implementing IT systems
- Proactive decision making - for risk management and constant improvement
- An understanding of DevOps and how it benefits the needs of information technology
- Provides leadership and assumes responsibility for mac computers, servers, and backup systems
- You’re a forward thinker and are excited to plan the future needs of WillowTree’s information technology
- PMP certified
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with the integration and networking challenges of M&A or expansion
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate on passion projects, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.