We like to plan ahead.
To support each of our clients, we create project teams of mixed disciplines. In order to keep up with the demand for what we do, we’re always on the lookout for great talent! Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and application materials for consideration. Once we begin the interview process, Talent Acquisition will contact you if this position matches your skillset. It’s never too early to discover your next career!
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Program Director is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities. You’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to create a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. You’ll have the unique opportunity to build and grow a team as the Virtual CEO of your project!
*This is not a remote position and requires up to ~25% travel.
- You’ll contribute significantly to the client PMO process and approach by improving and adapting as needed
- You’ll advise other Project Managers within your program to evolve product development work and impact high profile client relationships
- As our clients’ trusted advisor and consultant, you’ll influence the shape of client relationships
- You’ll learn and lead the product lifecycle for major Fortune 500 digital products
- You’ll set the product vision for your team to maintain a shared understanding of business outcomes
- You’ll identify commercial opportunities that enhance product vision and the roadmap through technical and design innovation
- You’ll facilitate and maintain a psychologically safe team environment
- You’ll champion product development best practices across the organization and influence our client teams’ practices
- You have 12+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Project Owner, or Team Lead in a client services business
- You’ve managed Fortune 500 custom software development projects, from discovery through UX design, implementation, and deployment
- You have a blend of business, user experience, and software project management acumen
- You’ve demonstrated experience and confidence managing software projects with complex scope and multiple executive stakeholders
- You’re an expert communicator who regularly run workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups
- You’re a technical problem solver that can adeptly determine how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g. API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- You’ve been a Project or Product Manager for a major technology consultancy or agency
- You’re PMP certified
- You’ve led projects that require the build and delivery of successful native iOS and/or Android applications that have been delivered to a high volume of users
- You’ve participated in an Agile transformation or application of Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) on software development projects
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.