Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
The University Recruiter is an exciting role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through their strategic vision and creative program execution. Our University Recruiter will play an integral role in bringing the next generation of “Trees” to the WillowTree team.
As a University Recruiter, you’ll be responsible for establishing WillowTree’s employer brand in the Ohio college/university market and kick-starting our Columbus summer internship program. This is a cross-functional role ideal for someone who can wear multiple hats - recruiter, trusted advisor, event planner, and program manager. You’ll enhance our university programs through positive candidate experience, employer branding, data analysis, and more.
*This position is located in our Columbus, Ohio office. Travel is required during peak recruiting times (up to 50%)
Strategic Campus Event Execution and Partnership Management
- Develop and execute on-campus recruiting, branding, and events plan for Columbus market including school-specific and out of the box strategies
- Plan, host, and attend all on-campus events including career fairs, tech talks, workshops, university meet-ups, and more
- Effectively communicate the value and the brand of the program to internal stakeholders and build internal teams of campus ambassadors
- Introduce innovative strategies to attract and increase student engagement
- Partner with internal groups to promote diversity and inclusion within our campus recruiting strategies and hiring goals
- Travel required during peak recruiting times (up to 50%)
Recruiting and Hiring
- Own full-lifecycle recruitment for campus roles (new grad and intern) across multiple functions (e.g. software engineering, product, etc.), including: building the talent pipeline, screening resumes, on-campus/phone interviews, offer extension, and maintaining positive candidate relationships
- Create a positive candidate experience from hello to hire (or rejection); communicate quickly, clearly, and in a friendly manner
- Build relationships with internal business lines to identify hiring needs and develop recruiting strategies accordingly
Intern Program Management
- Manage the Columbus summer internship experience from orientation to candidate conversion, including mentor trainings, performance reviews, social programming, and end-of-summer offer process; build and iterate upon existing program year after year
- Provide career coaching and counseling to interns; provide guidance and support to intern mentors
- Analyze and synthesize data in an effort to evolve our university recruiting and summer internship program (e.g. Handshake reports, event attendance ROI, and more)
- Develop and facilitate trainings to on-campus ambassador teams, intern program mentors, and company leadership
- Willingness to own other programs or ad-hoc projects (e.g. apprentice program or miscellaneous student programs) as needed; assist with larger Talent Acquisition tasks, projects, and initiatives
- 2+ years of professional experience in full cycle and high volume university recruiting
- Experience building a strategic university recruiting plan and maintaining long-term relationships with career centers, professors, and student organizations
- Results-oriented with high attention to detail, time management, and organization
- Ability to execute efficiently as a project manager juggling multiple priorities and initiatives
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced, high-growth and constantly changing environment maintaining an optimistic attitude; comfort navigating ambiguity and building from scratch
- Confidence to make independent decisions and execute quickly
- Analytical skills, with the ability to transfer data to insight
- Previous experience planning and delivering talent programs (e.g. internship program) strongly preferred
- Experience with applicant tracking systems and campus job boards, preference for Greenhouse and Handshake
- Experience recruiting for technical and product roles
- Experience training or coaching internal teams
- Experience with diversity recruitment and best practices (e.g. mitigating unconscious bias)
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.