Who We Are
WillowTree is a successful—and growing—digital agency delivering websites, apps, and bots for the world’s leading brands. We work with amazing clients (like HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo), and we’ve won many awards.
We’re especially proud of our culture. That’s why we have the highest team satisfaction in the industry. We take culture seriously and we work hard to keep it awesome.
Research shows that multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives create the best products. So at WillowTree, Content Strategists work side-by-side with Product Designers, Product Strategists, Researchers, Analytics Architects, Engineers, and Growth Marketers, throughout the product lifecycle, to help deliver digital experiences our clients love.
As a resident expert on using language to design digital products, the Senior Content Strategist helps us ensure that every product we build—whether it’s a mobile app, chatbot, or enterprise website—provides people with relevant information that they can use. A knowledgeable enthusiast for content, the Senior Content Strategist is adept at articulating and socializing the value of the practice at an organizational level to people from all disciplines and at all levels of experience.
- Planning the information architecture and content hierarchy for an enterprise website
- Running a workshop to help a client nail down their brand’s voice and tone
- Mapping out a workflow for publishing web content
- Designing a conversation flow for a chatbot
- Working with a Product Designer to create on-brand microcopy for an Android app
- Helping an Engineer craft release notes for an iOS app
- Partnering with a Product Researcher to carry out user interviews in our usability lab
- Whiteboarding a content model with a team of Engineers
- You have a great command of language, with experience in technical communication, creative writing, UX writing, or content design
- You’re eager to learn about new technologies
- You pay attention to detail—for example, finessing the nuances of an error message
- You can switch into “big picture” mode to break a large, complex problem into manageable chunks
- You aren’t satisfied with delivering an experience that doesn’t work for the user
- You present confidently to clients and executives
- You collaborate well with individuals from a wide range of disciplines (Product Strategy, Research, Design, and Engineering)
- Experience working with mobile or voice technologies
- Experience with content modeling for a headless content management system (CMS)
Because we’re a product agency, this client-facing role isn’t for you if you prefer to focus on content marketing, or writing long-form copy (like articles, blog posts, and white papers).
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential, and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include mentorship, dedicated time to innovate, and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.