We like to plan ahead.
To support each of our clients, we create project teams of mixed disciplines. In order to keep up with the demand for what we do, we’re always on the lookout for great talent! Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and application materials for consideration. Once we begin the interview process, Talent Acquisition will contact you if this position matches your skillset. It’s never too early to discover your next career!
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy, engineering and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business goals. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US with clients like HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more.
The Senior Software Engineer (iOS) is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company. You’ll collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build large-scale products for well-known brands.
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- Lead the delivery of complex software projects from beginning to end in a team-based environment
- Collaborate across multiple disciplines (e.g. Product Designers, Software Test Engineers) to build and deliver seamless digital experiences
- Identify obstacles at scale and correct them to improve the process of how we build software and ensure quality and better user experience
- Help the team understand and work through changing priorities by bringing positive energy into the system, and applying your knowledge and learnings at organizational scale
- Work closely with clients to influence technical product decisions and business goals
- Mentor teammates towards shared goals and outcomes
- You’ll thrive in an environment that celebrates differences and unique contributions
- You’ll take ownership of your work by meeting deadlines, anticipating delays, and raising issues appropriately
- You’ll embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- You're able to travel upwards of 2-4 days per month
- You've built and deployed complex software at scale using Swift
- You've owned and led the delivery of major features and components on the iOS platform
- You’re familiar with the iOS development ecosystem (including testing and debugging)
- You understand various software architectures, and are able to adapt and compose solutions to unique problems outside of your scope with sustainable and re-usable solutions
- You appreciate clean architecture and documentation
- You proactively identify bottlenecks and bring a solution-oriented mindset to problems
- You provide accurate estimation of time and effort around projects considering business objectives and technical constraints
- You desire to work with a supportive and highly collaborative team
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You’ve published apps or worked on teams to build apps in production
- You’ve worked in an agency setting or feel comfortable interacting with clients
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.