We like to plan ahead.
To support each of our clients, we create project teams of mixed disciplines. In order to keep up with the demand for what we do, we’re always on the lookout for great talent! Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and application materials for consideration. Once we begin the interview process, Talent Acquisition will contact you if this position matches your skillset. It’s never too early to discover your next career!
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Senior Android Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build large-scale products for well-known brands.
*This is not a remote position and may require some travel.
- You’ll collaborate with Product Designers and Software Test Engineers to create seamless digital experiences
- You’ll embody a growth mindset to continuously learn new technologies and hone your craft
- You’ll provide and receive constructive feedback from your teammates
- You’ll thrive in an environment that celebrates differences and unique contributions
- You're able to travel upwards of 2-4 days per month
- You’re constantly honing your craft of Java or Kotlin development
- You explore and welcome new technologies to improve your project — e.g. Jetpack, ARCore, MotionLayout
- You have an appreciation for clean architecture and documentation
- You believe that all code is legacy code if it isn’t unit tested
- You understand the intricacies of the Android Lifecycle
- You own and lead the delivery of features and components on the Android platform
- You want to work on a supportive and highly collaborative team
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- You’ve published Android apps or worked on teams to build apps in production
- You’re building apps in Kotlin
- You have experience with reactive programming (RxJava or other)
- You understand Material Design and appreciate apps that use it.
- You’ve worked in an agency setting or feel comfortable interacting with clients
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!