We like to plan ahead.
To support each of our clients, we create project teams of mixed disciplines. In order to keep up with the demand for what we do, we’re always on the lookout for great talent! Click “Apply Now” to submit your resume and application materials for consideration. Once we begin the interview process, Talent Acquisition will contact you if this position matches your skillset. It’s never too early to discover your next career!
Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. We are one of the largest independent digital firms in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, and PepsiCo.
The Senior Product Researcher is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company from idea conception to product launch. You'll have the opportunity to apply your research to a variety of digital products across industries.
*This is a full-time position at our office in Durham, NC, and may require some travel.
- You’ll work with clients to identify important research questions and implement user-centered research methods that translate to digital concepts, features, and UX design
- You’ll drive from a breadth of tools and approaches, such as surveys and usability tests, to investigate product and UX questions
- You’ll balance quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product direction and implementation
- You’ll compile and present findings to stakeholders in a clear, actionable, and compelling way
- You’ll advocate for research best practices across the company and with our clients
- You’ll build trust and credibility with clients through empathy and open communication
- You’ll partner with clients to set research and business goals and resolve any conflicts to ensure the users’ best interest
- You’ll collaborate with product strategists and product designers to design rigorous research methodologies while flexibly considering timeline and scope
- You'll teach and mentor others on the team around quantitative research best practices
- You’ve been conducting research in the digital industry and/or have an advanced graduate degree in an applicable field of research
- You have advanced quantitative research skills and/or a data science or statistics background
- You've gathered and analyzed social or behavioral data (using tools like SPSS or SAS)
- You’re comfortable with a breadth of quantitative research methods, metrics and A/B tests, and can deliberately select the appropriate method to answer your research questions
- You can design and analyze quantitative studies and synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You have client management or stakeholder experience and can design research engagements around business needs
- You’ve selected appropriate research methodologies while considering timelines and constraints
- You balance being lean, yet rigorous
- You’re comfortable with surveys, usability tests, designing surveys, and conducting interviews, etc.
- You have the ability to recognize patterns, disentangle confounding variables, and synthesize information
- You have experience presenting complex ideas to stakeholders and team members in a compelling and actionable way
- You enjoy teaching and mentoring others on research best practices and can bring quantitative expertise to the team
- You consider yourself a collaborator who enjoys working with teams
- You have expertise conducting mixed-methods research
- You have worked in a digital agency or with a variety of brands across industries
- You’ve shipped products with features based on your research
- You’ve conducted research within the digital and/or mobile product space
- You’re comfortable conducting competitive landscapes