Who We Are
WillowTree is an award-winning digital product agency driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centered design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to design and build digital flagship products crucial to their core business. Through a recent partnership acquisition with Dynamit in Columbus, Ohio, WillowTree is continuing to grow and thrive as the largest independent agency in the US. Some of our clients include HBO, National Geographic, Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo and more! Check out what others are saying about us.
The Salesforce Engineer is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company through your innate curiosity. You’ll collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to create incredible digital products.
*This is a full time position in our Durham, North Carolina and requires 50% travel.
- You’ll review + interpret requirements
- You’ll work with internal team and client to propose solutions
- You’ll research platforms, tools and integrations
- You’ll estimate development work
- You’ll do custom Salesforce development by utilizing APEX, Lightning App Builder, Visualforce, SOQL, etc.
- You’ll support clients on an ongoing basis with new and existing customizations
- You’ll test your own work and peer's work prior to handing off to QA
- 3+ years of overall engineering experience
- 1+ years of Salesforce development including Apex and Visualforce
- Experience customizing Force.com applications with Apex, Visualforce and 3rd party tools
- Experience using declarative programming of Force.com applications with standard Salesforce configuration tools including Schema Builder, UI, Flow and Process Builder
- Experience designing and developing interfaces between Salesforce and other systems with custom code or middleware applications
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Concepts (Java or .Net preferred).
- Knowledge of data management, SQL and RDBMS technologies, SOA design principles would be preferred
- Familiarity with Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, or Visual Studio
- Experience with Salesforce.com developer toolkit including Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tool, Web Services
P.S. In an ideal world, you hit all the bullet points we listed, but hey — we know that’s a lot of bullets. If you feel confident about a good amount of them, we can ramp you up on the rest.
- Salesforce DEV401 Certification
- You have a GitHub account to share and while you’re there, check us out!
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.